Swachh Survekshan 2019 is a kind of opinion poll which let us know about the cleanliness of the city. We, the proud Citizens, need to focus and work hard for Swachhta Abhiyan. If we follow Citizen Duties for Swacch Survekshan 2019 and cleanliness then we can take our city to improve its ranking quickly in Swachh Survekshan 2019 survey.
The survey is conducted by the Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), as a prelude to encourage cities to improve urban sanitation. Started with the 73 cities the Swachh Survekshan was first processed in 2016 and then the number of cities has started joining this survey. In 2017, it surveyed 434 cities and in the last year 2018, it goes up for 4,203 cities.
Since its inception, people have wholeheartedly embraced the Prime Minister’s Shri Narendra Modi ambitious project Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, which has objectives that include making India Open-Defecation Free by 2019 and cleaning the roads, and infrastructure of all statutory cities and towns.
Swachh Survekshan 2019
MoHUA now proposed to conduct its fourth survey to rank all cities under Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban (SBM-U), in a bid to scale up the coverage of the ranking exercise and encourage cities and towns to actively implement mission initiatives in a timely and innovative manner.
The aim of the survey is to encourage large scale citizen participation, ensure sustainability of initiatives taken towards garbage free and open defecation free cities, provide credible outcomes which could be demonstrate or support by third-party certification, institutionalize existing systems through online processes and create awareness amongst all sections of society about the importance of working together towards making your area a better place to live in.
In addition to this, the survey also intends to foster a spirit of healthy competition among towns and cities to improve their service delivery to citizens, towards creating cleaner cities. State and city levels campaigns are being promoted in order to educate citizens about the objectives of the survey and survey methodology, as well as to reinforce the importance of participation of their own in the survey, in order to ensure significantly higher levels of participation from all citizens.
In Swachh Survekshan 2019, the overall ranking will depend on the marks obtained in individual below categories. The total marks for this survey is 5000, which is 1000 more than last year survey –
- Certification i.e Star rating, ODF etc (25%) – 1250 Marks
- Direct Observation (25%) – 1250 Marks
- Service Level Progress (25%) – 1250 Marks
- Citizen feedback (25%) – 1250 Marks
One important component of Swachh Survekshan is getting YOUR (Citizen’s) feedback on the progress in achieving SWACHHATA within your residence and your neighbourhood.
Swachh JODHPUR Mission
The blue city Jodhpur has also participated in this survey of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan 2019. Earlier Swachh Survekshan 2017, our Jodhpur city was ranked 209th for cleanliness out of 434 cities and towns. In the last Swachh Survekshan 2018, our Jodhpur city was not ranked in 4203 cities, due to the points. Our dream mission of Swachh Jodhpur is still far.
Jodhpur, who performed well in cleaning received 2123.37 points out of 4000 marks in the cleanliness survey, it received 241 out of 1400 in service-level progress, 1017 out of 1200 in cleanliness check, 864.97 out of 1400 in Citizen Feedback. The service level points required at least 287.63 to eligible for the national level rankings and Jodhpur did not able to make into it.
As the locals know that the city also had a dark side in the process of cleanliness. On Sunday, 13 January a team from New Delhi came to survey the city and reported that the city is not so good in the manner of toilets and cleanliness. The city of JODHPUR has been facing severe problems in the collection, transportation, and disposal of waste.
Problem Facing By the Swachhta Abhiyan
The following were key issues—
- In many cities, there is hardly any facility for a door to door waste collection. People used to throw their waste on roads, corners, and vacant plots.
- There is also the practice of burning the plastics and other waste which posed a serious threat to the environment and health of citizens.
- There is also a problem of perception as people looked forward to municipal corporations for resolving even petty issues and never thought of contributing their part.
Citizen Duties for Swachh Survekshan 2019 and Cleanliness
On completion of four years of Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan on October 02, 2018 Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi said: “The target of a CLEAN INDIA can be achieved by the unity of the citizen of India, the 125 crore people”.
While complaining about the city government for the cleanliness, the local public is also responsible for the cleanliness and to this Swachhata Abhiyan. There is a conjecture that all the cluttered things are made by the government, the citizens can also maintain the decorum of the city by following simple, but important steps-
- Make the public toilets clean and user-friendly.
- Have proper dustbin in your house, shops, and offices for the different type of wastes.
- Do not throw used and waste things or some kinds of wrappers on the go, wait for the dust-bin and use it.
- You can also complain to the municipal corporation if you find any clutter or mismanagement in the area.
- Keep paper bags along with yourself to store wet waste and throw them in dustbin only.
- Don’t throw your garbage in open. Wait for Municipal Corporation vehicle to collect that.
- Avoid spitting on roads (as it can be the reason for viral disease).
- Avoid chewing Pan-Masala, Gutka, and Tobacco at the public place.
- Avoid the use of plastic bags. Take #JholaChallenge2019
- Follow the government’s rules and regulations and make others aware of it.
- Spread awareness to keep our city clean.
- Citizens feedbacks also play an important role in this Abhiyan. Take active participation in Swachh Survekshan 2019 and submit the actual and correct feedback to appreciate the Swachhta and also share negative feedback (if any) to improve for the next survey.
Cleanliness vs Awareness vs Sustainability for Swachh Mission Campaign
The mission only states cleanliness. Ministers, MPs, Local leaders, film stars and school children took up brooms and started cleaning the streets but in a real sense, the cleanliness mission failed in below specific areas:
- Creating Awareness: We spread a lot of awareness into the cleaning aspect. Many started to do a cleanup drive to get mileage in popularity. But we all collectively failed in building more awareness about the disposal of garbage. We still have people who throw away bottles, wrappers, garbage or even spit on the road.
- Sustainability: The Swachh Bharat mission failed to promote sustainability at a larger level. We promoted cleanliness but we had never educated people about how to reduce the waste and what to do with that waste.
- Public Support: Junta is aware of the requirement of Cleanliness but when it comes to their part, they still want to clean their house and throw the waste on road or in the neighbour. Nagar Nigams’ failed to take strong and preventive actions for such people and also not able to provide an alternative facility.
- These missions should have also emphasized on the right ways to dispose or recycle waste and promote sustainable consumption habits.
Go and hype for this Swachhta Abhiyan and do participate yourselves into this. Don’t be a nonchalant person for this social cause. This problem can revamp only by us none other can do this.
Together with governing bodies, we have to prove that we are good Samaritans who are trying to take their city to the top may ensure that the city improves its rankings quickly. So it has to be the people in general who can make any campaign for SWACHH CITY successful by all the means. Connect with us through Facebook to join with AapnoJodhpur for Swachh Bharat and Swachh Survekshan 2019.
Happy Cleaning 🙂