Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) has issued notification and invited application for 916 Assistant Engineer posts under various departments of Government of Rajasthan. Interested and eligible candidates having an Engineering degree or in the final year can apply online for the vacancy through Rajasthan Public Service Commission website – rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in – on or before May 29, 2018 (12 midnight).
Applications have been invited for following departments
- Public Health Engineering Department
- Panchayati Raj Vibhag
- Water Treatment Department
- Engineering Department
- Civil Engineering Department
Important Dates RPSC Recruitment 2018 for AE Posts
Starting Date to Apply Online: April 30, 2018
Last Date to Apply Online: May 29, 2018 (12:00 pm)
Correction in Online Application Form: May 30, 2018, to June 2, 2018 (12:00 midnight)
Eligibility Criteria for RPSC Assistant Engineer Posts
- All Other Departments (Excluding Panchayati Raj Department)- BE in (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical) with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate.
- For Panchayati Raj Department: Engineering Degree in Civil/Agriculture Stream minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate
- Degree must be from a University established by Indian law or qualifications declared equivalent thereto by the State Government.
- Final year Students can apply for the vacancies, but they need to submit their degree or provisional certificate before the final examinations for the post.
Age Criteria (as on January 1, 2019) Age limit: 21 to 40 Years.
|For General/ Unreserved Candidates||Minimum: 21 years
Maximum: 40 years
|Relaxation ( in Upper age limit )|
|For SC/ST/ OBC (Rajasthan Domicile) candidates||05 years|
|For SC/ST/ OBC (Rajasthan Domicile)||10 years|
|For Gen (PH) Candidates||10 years|
|For OBC (PH) Candidates||13 years|
|For SC/ ST (PH) Candidates||15 years|
Mandatory Requirement: Interested Candidate must have a working knowledge of Hindi written in Devnagri Script and knowledge of Rajasthani Culture.
RPSC Recruitment for AE Post Details
|Post||Department||No of vacancies|
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)||Department of Public Health Engineering||225
|Department of Public Health Engineering||75
|Assistant Engineer||Panchayati Raj Department||4
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)||Public Works Department||307
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)||Water Resources Department||302
|Water Resources Department||3
How to Apply for RPSC Post?
Applications will be accepted through the online mode only via recruitment portal of RPSC. Interested and Eligible candidates may apply online at RPSC’s website ”rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in” (direct link is given below) from April 30, 2018, to May 29, 2018, 11:59 PM. Please have the below steps to apply for the vacancies-
- Log on to the official website of RPSC: http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/.
- Click on ” Application Form” & Select the desired post.
- Read the advertisement details very carefully to ensure your eligibility before “Online Application”.
- Click on “Online Application” to fill up the application form online.
- The candidate will be directed to a page where they have to click on “Apply Online” (for the first time registration or new registration)/ already registered candidate just need to “Sign In” by using their application number and password sent to their valid e-mail ID/Mobile No.
- Fill up the application form as per the guidelines and information sought.
- Candidates need to fill up to all required information as required on the application form.
- Fill the all details in the application & upload Photo, Signature.
- Application fee should be paid through Online & then Submit the Form, successfully submitted application form will generate the application number.
- Take a print out of online application for future use.
Direct link to apply online: https://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/applyonline/
RPSC Selection Process
Candidates will be selected on the basis of Combined Competitive Examination (preliminary and Mains) and then performance in the interview.
READ More: Hunt Courses After 12th For Better Career
RPSC Exam Pattern
Preliminary Examination: Preliminary round of the exam would have MCQ type, objective type questions with multiple options. The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers, i.e. one compulsory paper and one paper from optional subjects, which will be of objective type. Both the papers in combined carry a maximum of 400 marks in the subjects mentioned in Section ‘A and B’.
|General knowledge & General Science including General knowledge of Rajasthan its Geography, Economy and culture (Section A)||200||2 hours|
|Optional Paper selected by Candidate List of Optional papers (Section B):-
The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
Main Examination: The written examination will be the conventional type. A candidate must take all the compulsory subjects (Hindi, Social aspects of Engineering) and any one of the optional subjects listed below. Each of the optional subjects will have two papers for the main examination. The time allowed for each paper shall be three hours.
|Paper -2||Social aspects of Engineering||100|
|Paper -3 and 4||Optional Subject
List of optional subjects:-
1. Civil Engineering
2. Electrical Engineering
3. Mechanical Engineering
4. Agricultural Engineering
More details regarding syllabus and other will be released soon by RPSC. All the Best to Eligible and Interested Candidates for the Government job.
(Info. Source: AfterGraduation)